What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter or use certain other site features in the following ways:
To improve our website in order to better serve you.
To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is checked on a regular basis for security vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All financial transactions are processed offline over the telephone and are not stored or processed on our servers. We are regularly checked by our card processing merchant for compliance of handing personal and financial data.
What are ‘cookies’ and how do we use them?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Vehicle operation and Location data
Our vehicles are equipped with a vehicle telematics system (trackers). Some or all Telematics systems functionality may or may not be active during rental periods. Telematics systems may provide us with use of disclosure of or access (1) location information (2) crash notification and related crash data and (3) operational condition, mileage, diagnostic and performance reporting of vehicles as permitted by law.
How we use your information
We may use the personal data we hold about you in the following ways:
- For the purposes of providing vehicle hire and any other related purposes. This is for the performance of a hire agreement between you and us.
- To provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your inquiry.
- To verify your identity for fraud prevention purposes.
- For research or statistical purposes – this is for our legitimate interests: for us to analyse historic activity, to improve our rating and to help predict future business impact. To further our commercial interests, to enhance our product offering and to develop new systems and processes.
- Where you have provided personal data to us and we have provided you with a quotation, (but not taken up), we will retain this information for 3 years from date of last contact or engagement and will use your data to re-contact you to provide you with a new quotation or provide you with news or information related to our business that we believe you may be interested in. This is within accordance with our legitimate interests.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you – where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service – this is for our legal and regulatory obligations.
- To safeguard against fraud and money laundering and to meet general legal or regulatory obligations.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party hyperlinks
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
Email / Spam
The Spam Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with anti spam policy we agree to the following:
NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
Honour opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email